Diana's first blog

Hi there everyone, it is very exciting to create my first blog because I haven’t done such thing before. I am an international student studying in Toronto and this is my third year in university. The reason why I choose CSC104 is that this course is recommended by a lot of my friends and majority of them says this course is very interesting and easy to learn. I have never touched computational thinking before simply because as a girl, I’m not interested in it. However, I think this is my great chance to get more familiar with computational thinking. I hope I can learn a lot of new stuff throughout the semester. First of all, I expected this course to be programming and coding but so far based on my experience in this course, I found that I’m not that far yet. I learned the basic language that apply to the computer such as some common command. For example, “define”, “apply” and “map.” One thing I found really interesting so far is that I can tell the computer what to do by giving them the correct command. This is like communicating to an actual person in real life. For instance, I can scale an image by 2 times, 3 times or whatever I like. I can even do calculations if I want. Speaking of hardness of the course, personally I think this course is not as easy as what I expect before. There are a lot of things that I need to be careful of otherwise Dr. racket will tell me there are errors! For the weekly quizzes, I will go through every slides, videos and exercises that posted by the professor. Most importantly, I always take notes if I think they are some points that I need to memorize. So far, I am pretty satisfied with my quizzes outcomes and it was what I expected. I will keep track on this course and I hope everyone else is also doing great jobs. At last, there is one computer science topic that I am interested in since I was a little girl. This topic is coding! I wish I can be a great coding technician in the future and I can even create my own codes.J Thanks for reading my first blog and I hope you have a great day! J

Comments

  1. Hi there, I am a TA marking your slog entries. this entry is great as it is very detailed. You have full marks for this. I disagree with what you said in one of your sentences "I have never touched computational thinking before simply because as a girl, I’m not interested in it."
    I am a girl and I was very interested in computational thinking, as are many girls. I hope that you change/have changed your mind by the end of the course! Additionally, there are a few awkward sentences due to your grammar. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to design a function and how to prepare for the course

Mathematics